Intelligent Robotics Research Division
- Autonomous driving system research groupIn the field of autonomous smart car, the Department is focusing on developing various core software technologies such as automated driving system with vehicle-driver cooperation, digital map-building technology for automated driving, driving environment recognition technology, advanced wireless communication technology for cars as well as on efforts to develop standards for this field.
- Development of Decision Making/Control Technology of Vehicle/Driver
Cooperative Autonomous Driving System(Co-Pilot) Based on ICT Developing the decision making/control technology of vehicle/driver cooperative autonomous driving system. The Co-pilot system can assist or driveautonomously based on the control authority which is determined by the analysis of driving environment and the state of the driver
- Advanced V2X Communication Technology Development Developing the High speed packet modem and real time MAC, V2V based wireless networking for commercialization of automotive and C-ITS industries
- Digital Maps Technology Development for Autonomous CarDeveloping the software technology for building precise digital map progressively using lots of smart cars installed several ADAS sensors collecting the information of road environments and transmitting them to the cloud server
<Development of Decision Making/Control Technology of Vehicle/Driver Cooperative Autonomous Driving System(Co-Pilot) Based on ICT>
<Advanced V2X Communication Technology Development >
<Digital Maps Technology Development for Autonomous Car>
- human machine interaction research groupHuman-Machine Interaction (HMI) research group is researching and developing on user information (identity/location/activity) recognition, human-robot social interaction, virtual simulator SW for military training/sportainment, and extras.
- Comprehensive Cognitive System
The research is in progress for a cognitive system that gives precise and comprehensive information of a user’s position, identity, and behavior. The system continuously monitors users and the environment, utilizing our perception components and multiple sensors.
- Virtual Simulator SW for Military Training/Sportainment
The project aims to develop basic interaction software supporting highly immersive simulator for soldiers or ordinary people who want to enjoy winter sports entertainment. ETRI focuses on the following three key technologies: Multi-modal sensor based Posture Recognition/Prediction, Location Recognition and learning-based Action Recognition. The resulted values go into the input parameters for controlling the ODT(Omni Directional Treadmill) and virtual contents. These technology can be applied to various virtual entertainment domain such as sports, game and theme park.
<Comprehensive Cognitive System>
<Virtual Simulator SW for Military Training/Sportainment>
- intelligence and robot system research groupIntelligence and Robot System Research Group focuses on convergence of core robot system technologies such as cognitive sensing, position recognition, knowledge and intelligence. To achieve this goal, we have been concentrating on the development of core robot technologies such as Open Platform for Robotic Services(OPRoS), autonomous robot navigation, seamless positioning technologies and reasoning based knowledge convergence service technologies.
Major research activity
- Open Platform for Robot Services(OPRoS)
It is required that various reusable softwares for robots are integrated efficiently with ease to grow up robot industry. This project has a vision to standardize specifications for robot software platform and to develop a total solution for them, which improve the robot development methodology to develop various and complex robot softwares.
- Total Computer Vision Solution
We are aiming to develop enabling computer vision technologies for practical applications, which reflect both recent theoretical development and practical constraints in the field.
- Indoor localization and platform technology
Highly accurate localization and LBS(location based service) in mobile devices will be very important not only for supporting emergency location service in the situations such as natural disaster and most accidents but also for generating noble value-added services which are made by combining user’s location with other mobile services like payment, advertisement and social network. In this research, high accurate hybrid localization using heterogeneous wireless infra and sensors are proposed. Open LBS platform is also provided for generating and providing wireless infra location and smart indoor map DB as assistance data related to localization and LBS.
- Next Imaging System
Development of proprietary technologies of analyzing the three-dimensional distribution of Reactive Oxygen Species and Nano Magnetic Particles, which has become the key issues in the various fields
<Open Platform for Robot Services(OPRoS) >
<Total Computer Vision Solution >
<Indoor localization and platform technology >
<Next Imaging System >
- industry IT convergence research groupIndustry IT convergence research group is carrying out researching and developing on driver’s augmented reality technology, human-car interaction technology, smart safety platform of shipyard/offshore plant, industry process IT technology and smart ship platform technology, etc.
1. Major research activity
- Study on advanced digital cockpit systems technology for Smart Car
The ultimate goal of this project is to develop an advanced digital cockpit system for smart car to provide the drivers with customized and adaptive services based on the characteristics and emotion of the drivers. For this, the project is concentrated on three core technologies: driver’s cognitive psychology and behavioral model, digital cockpit system, and automotive electronic system which interacts to a digital cockpit system.
2. Study on the smart HSE system technology in the field of a large and dangerous working zone
-We are developing smart HSE(Health, Safety, and Environment) system for identification and management of incidents based on IoT to support the "zero incident" in shipbuilding and plant building sites. Especially, the technology for optimization of wire and wireless communication supports optimization of LoRa communication module for low battery and minimization and the simulator for optimizing communication and sensor networks in complex structures. The technology for smart safety device and smart gate includes the smart gate for identification of workers' entry based on IoT and the realtime monitoring system of workers’safety. The safety management platform for identification and management of incidents supports identification of workers’ position based on the optimized IR-UWB tags and analysis of risk grades and identification of incidents based on workers' real-time position.
<industry IT convergence research group>