- Future Mobile Communication Research Devision
- Information Security Research Division
- Network Research Division
- IoT Research Division
- Hyper-connected Basic Technology Research Division
- Defence & Security ICT Convergence Center
- Blockchain Research Center
- ETRI-Busan Joint Research Section
- Postal Technology Research Center
- ICT Testing Research Center
Postal Technology Research Center
The Postal Technology Research Center is developing technologies that can enhance the quality of the national postal service, a major infrastructure of Korea. The research center has contributed greatly to the postal modernization of Korea through the development of technologies for automating logistics and informatization of postal operation. The center is currently at the stage of developing technology for the diffusion of SMART Post and is trying to add intelligence functions to the system. The center is focused on developing logistics technology that can enable speedy and accurate real-time information flow infrastructures.
A major research being carried out in this area is postal address automatic recognition technology based on deep learning for convenient acceptance of customers. Other research areas include automatic parcel feeder in the parcel sorting system and development of technology for parcel loading/unloading.
In addition, to prepare for the future postal service, the center is currently researching logistics strategy and development of technology for effectively integrating artificial intelligence, big data, IoT, and robotics for postal applications.
Managing Director Jung Hoon