Daegu-Gyeongbuk Research Center
The Daegu-Gyeongbuk Research Center was established in 2006 for the purpose of reinforcing IT R&D capacity, increasing technology competitiveness, and creating a value-added IT industry and main industry of the region.
In particular, the Daegu/Gyeongbuk area requires various technical demands for embedded S/W, the mobile industry, and IT convergence, etc. For satisfying these demands, the Daegu-Gyeongbuk Research Center has developed collaboration products with regional small and medium enterprises through transferring source technology of ETRI, and also performed technical support to these enterprises on the spot. Especially, since 2008, the Daegu-Gyeongbuk Research Center has performed research work for developing IT convergence technology connected with regional strategic industries.
The Daegu-Gyeongbuk Research Center will become a motivating power of growth of the regional IT industry through making constants efforts in research and development.
IT Convergence Technology
- The IT Convergence Support Project, in accordance with the Regional Industry Promotion Strategy, has contributed to local enterprise competitiveness of IT convergence technology and invigoration of local industries by grafting Daegu Metropolitan leading industries, strategic industries, and traditional industries onto ETRI IT technologies.
- - Collaborative research related to local strategic industries
- - Performing the role of a local R&D hub to spread ETRI convergence technologies
- - Achieving customer satisfaction through technical difficulty consultation and technical issues consultations
- Also, we research and develop demand-driven core technologies combined with IT and technologies of mobiles, healthcare, robotics, vehicles, and energy. Furthermore, we contribute to the local industry and local economy through the commercialization of research results and technical exchange.
Intelligent Greenhouse Software Platform Development
Intelligent greenhouse platform software is an IT-based agriculture solution for cultivating various crops (vegetables, etc.). The purpose of this platform is to ensure competitiveness in Korea’s agricultural sector.
First, our research efforts have been focused on automatic environment measuring and actuator controlling based on well-known agricultural knowledge. This platform also provides an interface for reflecting farmers’ personal experiences to increase production capacity. Furthermore, we make every effort to feed forward control by mass environment simulation and prediction calculation to provide an optimum growth environment for plants.
Because of IT-based technologies, this platform expects the intelligent greenhouse to increase economic efficiency by convergence of the legacy greenhouse and renewable energy.
The Intelligent Greenhouse Technologies Development Project consists of
- - Automatic measuring and controlling for the intelligent greenhouse
- - Selective wavelength penetration and power generation technology for plant growth
- - Substantiation of the intelligent greenhouse technologies
Study of Embedded SW Platform Technology for Automotive E/E
In the Automotive IT Platform Research Team of the Daegu-Gyeongbuk Research Center of ETRI, to meet distributed and complex intelligent future vehicle electronic demands, we are developing embedded SW platform technology based on international standards and are also developing reliability guarantee technology to ensure the stability and reliability of the embedded SW platform for automotive E/E.
The embedded SW platform for automotive E/E includes the realtime OS, middleware, and SW development tools, which can be applied to a variety of vehicles’ electronic systems such as the power system, body, chassis, and so on.
Now, the OSEK/VDX and AUTOSAR based realtime OS for automotive E/E and SW development tools have been developed. OSEK/VDX is the international standard specialized realtime OS for automotive E/E; meanwhile, AUTOSAR (Automotive Open System Architecture) is the designed-standard that the automotive industry can use common for vehicles’ SW standard and runtime environment standard. ETRI is in activity as an AUTOSAR premium member.
In the future, we will pursue a developed embedded SW platform for automotive E/E to be applied to a variety of core automotive parts and vehicles’ core technologies such as LDWS, CDM, LKAS, PAS, BSD, and so on.
Honam Research Center
- Research Cooperation Team
- IT Convergence Technology
- Embedded System Research Team
- Automotive IT Platform Research Team